Date: December 20, 2009 - 7 pm
Category: Information Security, IT or ICT, IT Policy, Labour, Products
How will it help you?
Nowadays many employees spend a lot of time off-site: on the road, in aeroplanes and many work from home.
Whilst working off-site is a way to offer more flexibility and is an effective tool to increase productivity, it can expose the company to new threats:
- increased likelihood of equipment theft and therefore potential loss of company confidential information stored on that equipment;
- unauthorized access to company information by family members or friends;
- unintentional disclosure of sensitive information when working in unsecured areas such as an aeroplane and
- increased likelihood of the introduction of viruses, worms and other malicious software to the company network when for example connecting laptops to company networks or when using home equipment for Internet surfing and then connecting to the company network.
This policy will help you:
- ensure that telecommuting is both authorized and controlled by management (and thus assists manage the risk of serious financial loss, erosion of market share, loss of client confidence or other serious business impact as a result of information security breaches) and
- provide telecommuters with direction as to what is expected of them in order to protect the company’s information and information systems.
What you get?
You get a Telecommuting Policy.
What makes us different?
- Combined ICT Law and Labour law skills: Our policies are crafted with the input of ICT lawyers and labour lawyers thus ensuring that the critical related IT issues and people issues are covered
- Decades of experience: the Online Legal team have spent years developing these policies in practice as attorneys working with thousands of organizations such as yours. We know what works and what doesn’t.
Easy to Read
In the fast paced information economy in which we live, people are pressed for time and will generally only read things that are relevant to them. A good policy focuses on particular audiences (typically employees, management and technical staff) addressing only those issues that are absolutely needed and that focus only on the essentials.
Easy to Manage
We group together various issues in a policy. Problems that arise do so in relation to an issue. It is therefore easy to update our issue specific policies when reviewed by you (which should be at least annually).
How do I get it?
If you are interested,
We will contact you to find out more about your requirements.