Date: April 27, 2011 - 9 am
Category: Consumer Protection, Law courses, Plain Language, Services, Webinars
We offer a seminar, workshop, webinar (online seminar), executive briefing on plain language. Do your customers understand your documents?
What do we cover?
- Why are so many documents horrible? Some examples.
- Risks of using plain language
- Risks of using legalese
- Find out the benefits of plain language
- An overview of the law regards plain language
- The law (including the Consumer Protection Act) requires certain documents to be in plain language
- The definition of plain language in law
- What is plan language?
- Legal documents and plain language
- How to actually do it – practically
- Successful plain language projects
- How to draft in plain language – some techniques
- The role of style guides and glossaries
- Document structure is important
- Take home points and action items
- Understand how the plain language movement impacts your organisation and its business
- Find out why it is a hot topic in so many organisations
- Be aware of plain language in a legal context
- Get your questions answered
- Break down barriers you may have towards plain language
- Get agreement from all relevant people
- Address concerns
- Get bitten by the plain language bug
- Plan the way forward
- Gather information
Who should attend? Why?
Business people and managers – not consumers.
- Managers – to manage the documentation regards their products or business
- CAEs, auditors and assurance providers (internal and external) – to audit and provide assurance regards plain language
- CROs and Risk Managers – to manage risks regards complicated language
- Compliance officers – to effectively comply with plain language laws
- Legal advisors (corporate lawyers or in-house lawyers) – to provide good legal advice
We also offer this in the form of an executive briefing. Executives must have a high level understanding of plain language and how it will affect their organization. They must lead the development of successful compliance programs or projects and be able to explain them to boards of directors, investors, business partners and the general public. The briefing will help executives leverage their compliance efforts into positive public relations and business benefit. It is a shortened version of this workshop and includes an executive checklist – the essentials for effective compliance leadership.
Who is the presenter?
John Giles, Partner, Michalsons Attorneys
The plain language bug bit John early and since then he has been obsessed with trying to make all documents plain and simple. Both because he sees the benefits that organisations have enjoyed, but also because the law requires it. He has ten years of experience as a commercial attorney drafting complex legal documents in plain language. He has audited many documents and converted many documents to plain language. He has been part of an international plain language project for a multi-national vendor. He regularly writes on the subject. He is especially proud that the King committee decided to use his plain language version of the alternative dispute resolution clause that he suggested.
How long is it?
It depends on the format – the seminar, webinar and executive briefing are each 45 minutes, while the workshop is between two hours and a full day.
“It’s an absolutely awesome platform from which I benefited immensely” Winston Seyama, Group Risk Management, Standard Bank Group Limited
What does it cost?
Please email us asking for a quote.
We are happy to give the seminar, workshop or executive briefing at your venue.
The webinar is online. It is live, so you can ask questions to make sure that you get the information you are looking for. If you want a personal in-house seminar at your offices, please contact us and we will send you a quote.
What do I need?
For the webinar, all you need is a reasonable Internet connection, and a pair of headphones.