Date: July 21, 2012 - 11 am
Category: Access to Information, Privacy and POPI, Products
A template of a letter that you can use to appoint your Information Officer. The Protection of Personal Information Bill (POPI) and the Promotion of Access to Information Act, 2 of 2000 (PAI Act) specify that the head of the private body (as defined) is the responsible person. The purpose of this letter template is to enable the head to authorise another person to act on the heads behalf. The person is called an Information Officer and is responsible for providing access to information and the protection of personal information. However, ultimately the head remains responsible and accountable. It contains various specific duties under the PAI Act and POPI, and generally recommended duties to assist the Information Officer.
How you benefit
The Information Officer template letter allows you to change the default position and delegate responsibility to someone else. The head authorises a person to act on the heads behalf as the Information Officer. Have peace of mind knowing that:
- everyone will know who the Information Officer is; and
- your Information Officer is aware of their responsibilities under POPI and PAI Act.
- ‘kills two birds with one stone” as it covers both the PAI Act and POPI
- will protect your rights
- covers all the important issues
- is specifically drafted for privacy compliance in South Africa
- is easy to complete and sign
- is in plain language and easy to read
- is up-to-date
- a sole trader
- a partner in partnership
- the CEO or MD of a company
- the managing member of a close corporation
- a trustee of a trust
- head of any body of persons corporate or incorporated (such as political parties, trade unions, social clubs)
you are the designated Information Officer and responsible for complying with POPI and the PAI Act. However, the head can authorise someone to carry out some of the responsibilities.
What do you get?
You get two doucments:
- One that tells you about the document (5 pages in pdf format)
- The actual document (in A4 editable electronic format)
How do I get it?
If you are interested,
We will contact you to find out more about your requirements and give you a quote.