We often get asked:
- Whether an electronic signature is legal?
- Whether a particular type of technology used to create an electronic signature is legal?
- Whether you have to use a particular type of electronic signature technology in order for the electronic signature to be legal?
- Whether the ticking of a checkbox or entering of a password is an electronic signature?
- Whether a voice recording can constitute an electronic signature?
- Whether any laws specify how electronic signatures must be applied?
How can we help you?
Our services will help you to understand:
- What a signature is
- The legal concept of a signature
- The different types of signatures
- What constitutes an electronic signature
- The different electronic signature technologies
- Whether electronic signatures are legal in South Africa
- The validity of electronic signatures produced by signature pads
- Whether a particular electronic signature technology will be recognised by a Court
- The difference between an “ordinary” electronic signature and an “advanced” electronic signature
- The difference between digital signatures, digital certificates, and advanced electronic signatures as electronic signatures that use cryptography to make themselves reliable
- The advantages of “advanced” electronic signatures
What we offer regards electronic signatures
We offer the following services:
- Running a seminar, webinar, workshop, or executive briefing on practically using electronic signatures and the law for various organisations, from dual listed multinationals to start-ups in various industries, including financial services, healthcare, retail, and mining.
- We can help you by providing an opinions on electronic signatures relating to the issues mentioned above; Assist you decide whether you need an an “ordinary” electronic signature and an “advanced” electronic signature (now that advanced electronic signatures are commercially available).
- A Guide to electronic signatures in various forms to help you educate your customers about electronic signatures or sell your electronic signature solutions to customers.
- Guidance of appropriate electronic signature technologies to use.
- Provide you with a Electronic Signatures Assessment Tool, which provides you with a guide to electronic signatures and helps you to decide what type of electronic signature is the right signature to use for the signing of a specific document, by an individual or a group of people.
- Provide suggested wording to be used in websites where people will be “signing”.
Our clients include electronic signature technology providers and electronic signature users.