BA LLB – Associate
Tel: 086 011 1245
skype name: david_luyt
- Privacy and the Protection of Personal Information (POPI)
- Practically using Electronic Signatures and the law
- Drafting and negotiating IT contracts
- Resolving domain name disputes
He works closely with corporates, SMEs, and entrepreneurs and provides them with:
- Presentations – to give them practical information about the law that relates to them.
- Customised commercial contracts – to stop problems before they happen.
- Website terms – to help online stores and platforms run effectively.
- Company regulatory documents – to structure companies properly.
- Written opinions – to advise clients on the risks associated with their business and how to manage them.
He is knowledgeable about how the law applies to data privacy, electronic signatures, websites, software development and licencing, and company regulation.
David joined Michalsons in 2011.
- University of Cape Town – Bachelor of Arts (Law and English with Distinction), 2006-2008
- University of Cape Town – Bachelor of Laws, 2009-2010
- Data privacy and big data, taking analog processes digital, open source software licensing, how the law applies to cloud computing, and startup law.
- David also acts, does improvised theatre, and MCs events in his spare time.
- Attorney of the High Court of South Africa (Cape Provincial Division)
- Member, Law Society of the Cape of Good Hope
Tags: David Luyt