BA LLB – Associate
Tel: 021 300 1070 (Ext. 7)
skype name: david_luyt
David joined Michalsons in 2011. He’s a law-of-technology attorney and a POPI professional, electronic signature expert, and online business aficionado.
He works closely with corporates, SMEs, and entrepreneurs and provides them with:
- Presentations – to give them practical information about the law that relates to them.
- Customised commercial contracts – to stop problems before they happen.
- Website terms – to help online stores and platforms run effectively.
- Company regulatory documents – to structure companies properly.
- Written opinions – to advise clients on the risks associated with their business and how to manage them.
He is knowledgeable about how the law applies to data privacy, electronic signatures, websites, software development and licencing, and company regulation.
University of Cape Town – Bachelor of Arts (Law and English with Distinction), 2006-2008
University of Cape Town – Bachelor of Laws, 2009-2010
Data privacy and big data, taking analog processes digital, open source software licensing, how the law applies to cloud computing, and startup law.
David also acts, does improvised theatre, and MCs events in his spare time.