BA LLB – Associate
Tel: 086 011 1245 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
skype name: david_luyt
David practices law because he enjoys simplifying complex ideas into practical insights. He believes that corporates, SMEs, and entrepreneurs alike should be able to use the law in an accessible and meaningful way to accelerate their business. It’s not a question of whether something is doable, merely a question of how!
He is a law-of-technology attorney and a POPI professional, electronic signature expert, and online business aficionado. David especially focuses on:
- Privacy and the Protection of Personal Information (POPI)
- Practically using Electronic Signatures and the law
- Drafting and negotiating IT contracts
- Resolving domain name disputes
He provides his clients with:
- Presentations – to give them practical information about the law that relates to them.
- Customised commercial contracts – to stop problems before they happen.
- Website terms – to help online stores and platforms run effectively
- Written opinions – to advise clients on the risks associated with their business and how to manage them.
He is knowledgeable about how the law applies to data privacy, electronic signatures, websites, and software development and licencing.
David joined Michalsons in 2011.
- University of Cape Town – Bachelor of Arts (Law and English with Distinction), 2006-2008
- University of Cape Town – Bachelor of Laws, 2009-2010
- Data privacy and big data, taking analog processes digital, open source software licensing, how the law applies to cloud computing, and startup law.
- David also acts, does improvised theatre, and MCs events in his spare time.
- Attorney of the High Court of South Africa (Cape Provincial Division)
- Member, Law Society of the Cape of Good Hope